Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Photophilia

Everything of this world loses its luster. Places, possessions...even people. As humans we were uniquely gifted (burdened?) with the cognitive ability to know better, yet we are the first to squander any and all traces of brilliance on earthly escapades. "We" including me.

Lately, too many things have been losing their luster. 

The problem is, we have lives to live out during the remainder of our stint here. And we're restless light-seeking creatures by nature, like moths to a flame.  Scrambling from one illusively shiny thing to the next will only exhaust us and take us for a ride (or two, or three...or 586,237).  How do I deal with the fact that everything in this world will lose its luster?

Perhaps...if I redirect my energy towards polishing and re-polishing myself from the inside out -- rather than from the outside in, and teach myself to stop scrambling, I can start to chase a true brilliance bright enough to sustain me until I get to bask in the eternal afterglow...

Just a tiny perhaps.